Sunday, August 14, 2011

Recap

A week ago I was admitted to St. Luke's hospital for Dengue. My platelet count dropped to 87,000 while the normal platelet level is between 150,000 and 450,000. If it's too low, excessive bleeding can occur. Fortunately, by Wednesday my platelet count went up to 118,000 and the doctor discharged me. Well, here are a few blessings during this past week:
  • My brother arrived in the Phil. for a vacation on Aug. 2 and left Aug 11. I was sick from Aug. 1 to Aug. 10. (I kind of feel bad about that -- sorry bro if I wrecked your sched with my untimely illness)
  • My company's health insurance was actually pending when I was being admitted to the hospital, but they must've rushed the application because I didn't pay anything when I left
  • People from church helped me get my PhilHealth (national health insurance) papers signed at the office proving that I did make PhilHealth contributions for six months (even though I actually only made five contributions. heehee)
  • The HR person at my office pretty much walked me through the requirements I needed for billing
  • My aunt and uncle came on day 1 and made sure I got a room and that I was comfortable (It's really encouraging to have people around, especially if it's your first time to be confined at the hospital)
  • A loooot of visitors which is nice to have especially when you're stuck in a room day after day. We really were made to be social people
  • Some people from Church helped with my check out, so I had a ride home from the hospital
Anyways, thanks everyone for being so caring and for all your prayers and support. I really appreciate the community I have around me.

[Note, I didn't check the grammar before I pressed Publish Post... Bad habit of mine]

No comments: